MOM NATURAL SNACK FOODS! Click here to order.
Did you know that 70% of all cancers are fully preventable? Tobacco alone causes 30% of all cancer deaths and 100% of those are preventable.
Marathon of Miracles (MOM) promotes wellness and cancer prevention programs because, although most cancers are preventable and treatable, less than 1% of the money raised to "find a cure" is spent on wellness and prevention. Does that seem backwards? It's time for that to change.
The "cure" is already here and it's called "prevention." Whole foods, natural supplements, stress-relieving biofield enhancing products, clean air and water, the elimination of exposure to toxic chemicals, and proper fitness and emotional and spiritual well-being will enable our immune systems to operate the way God intended to eliminate cancer and other disease from our bodies. Educating people about personal and environmental wellness so that more people can avoid having to go through cancer at all is a big part of our work. We are promoting what far too many western medical establishments won't promote because the system they operate under is set up to make its' highest profits when people get sick. They are practicing sick care. To them, wellness doesn't promote job security or quarterly profits for the bonus pool. Join us in creating a new paradigm of wellness. It's time to ditch "sick care" and declare a healthcare revolution. Join MOM in a revolution of wellness. Let's eradicate cancer in our lifetime.
MOM was started in 2006 by A.J. and Jane Ali after cancer had wreaked havoc upon their family for more than two decades. Jane is a breast cancer survivor and her daughter Amy is a thyroid cancer survivor. Jane lost her mother to breast and colon cancer. A.J. lost his father, brother, grandmother, step-father and some other relatives and close friends to cancer. Together they decided to take back the power from cancer by creating and managing a faith-based organization helping others to survive and thrive physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and spiritually through help from each other and from God. MOM works closely with other organizations including non-profits, businesses, churches, hospitals and anyone willing to help.
MOM currently has five major areas of operation:
1. Healthy Foods (the MOM line of healthy snack foods hits stores in mid-December)
2. Outreach programs for education and benevolence such as the Wellness on the Green Tour (www.wellnessonthegreen.org
3. Media (music CD's, TV show, films, online social network, books, etc.) to educate, inspire and empower the masses
4. Wellness Gardens -- 10,000 healing gardens in the next 20 years, beginning with the first one in 2010
5. Cancer Prevention & Recovery Wellness Centers currently being planned in Malibu, CA; Houston, TX; and Howard County, MD
"A Christian wellness and cancer prevention organization offering hope for the mind, body and spirit by inspiring, educating and empowering survivors and others that wish to thrive."
MOM serves everyone regardless of their faith, ability to pay or health insurance status. MOM is based in Malibu, CA, but works throughout the United States through a network of volunteers called Miracle Workers. We hope to do in the world of cancer what Habitat for Humanity has done for housing and what Feed the Children has done for hunger. Both of those organizations are Christian organizations that work with people of all faiths to make a difference. The long-term goals are to one day provide services to survivors around the globe and help eradicate cancer in our lifetime. Right now we find ways to help survivors celebrate each day as a gift, but we long for the day where there can be a global Survivor Celebration of the end of cancer.
Right now we are raising funds to support MOM's efforts to:
- promote 'wellness in the workplace' programs;
- spread educational awareness about prevention and early detection;
- promote a new natural and organic snack food line (MOM Foods) that will educate people about the importance of proper nutrition while helping to make MOM a sustainable and regenerative social enterprise.
- help cancer patients find life-saving resources they need through the www.survivorcelebration.com
website (life-saving connections happen every week);
- orchestrate "Survivor Surprise" activities, whereby cancer patients are surprised with support such as cash, free products, free services and other benevolence to help them through a dire situation;
- give away inspirational Survivor Celebration music CD's to cancer patients and survivors;
- film inspirational stories of survivors and their miraculous physical, spiritual and emotional healing for the "200 Miracles" documentary;
- be available and proactive in caring for and praying with survivors that are hurting emotionally and spiritually during the holidays -- this is lasting Kingdom work that carries with it no pricetag. The value is eternal and this is your greatest gift of support, to enable us to have the time to do more in this area;
- create campaigns designed to reach people "where they are" like "Buck Cancer!" for equine lovers and "Wellness on the Green," "Swing for Survivors" and "On the Tee with A.J. Ali" for golf lovers. See info on those programs at www.buckcancer.org
- and much more.
We are looking for adults to become "Miracle Workers," which are volunteers, to help us raise funds, help with educational programs, get the MOM snack foods into stores and used in fundraisers, conduct benevolence and outreach with cancer patients, promote wellness to companies and other groups and much more. We are also creating a 'Miracle Kids" program whereby high school students can teach middle school students and middle school students can teach elementary school students about wellness. This promises to become an exciting and beneficial peer-to-peer mentoring program that will foster good health, eating and fitness programs to last a lifetime.
Please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and please pass this along to your friends and encourage them to give to Marathon of Miracles in honor of a loved one. Be the cure by helping us promote wellness and prevention. Let's work together to end cancer.
Thank you and may God Bless You!
A.J. and Jane Ali